Enlightened provides management consulting support for the Department of State.
Enlightened support consisted of three separate tasks. The first is to assist the Training Directorate (DS/T) in consolidating security hard skills training from 11 locations across the United States into one facility. The second task is to assist the Assistant Secretary’s Strategic Advisory Unit in developing a workforce planning tool for senior leadership to make more informed strategic workforce decisions. The third task is to assist the Policy and Planning Division in developing the Functional Bureau Strategy for FY 18-20.
For Task 1, Enlightened provided a team to analyze the current structure of the DS Training Directorate, and provide recommendations on course transition and how the Directorate should be restructured once the hard skills facility is completed. Task 2 created a decision-support tool for Diplomatic Security leadership that facilitates data-driven discussions and decision-making. For Task 3, Enlightened ensured that Training was one of the strategic goals of the FY 18-20 Functional Bureau Strategy.
A collaborative reconstruction of the stakeholder needs resolved the shortfalls and created a strong operating structure under each task that was very responsive to the needs of DS. DS notified Enlightened it would exercise the first option year four months before the Base Year ended, and has provided strong past performance evaluations on other Enlightened proposals. The contract itself has tripled in size, both in terms of funds and in terms of personnel slots.
- Data collection and analysis
- Implementation of management and operational controls
- The first task is to assist the Training Directorate (DS/T) in consolidating security hard skills training from 11 locations across the United States into one facility.
- The second task is to assist the Assistant Secretary’s Strategic Advisory Unit (DS/SAU) in developing a workforce planning tool which is a predictive analysis tool for senior leadership.
- The third task is to assist the Policy and Planning Division (DS/EX/PPD) in developing the Functional Bureau Strategy for FY 18-20 by refocusing the DS strategy to more closely conform with the evolving DS mission and realign it to the goals and objectives of the Department’s Joint Strategic Plan.