Enlightened's cybsecurity team helps clients meet challenging compliance requirements.
BLS engaged Enlightened to provide a security assessment of three of their data collection systems to ensure they comply with NIST 800-53 requirements, and to identify any discrepancies that may have been present within BLS’ security infrastructure.
The Enlightened team undertook a thorough data collection and discovery process, followed by a rigorous assessment of BLS’ information systems through the application of three (3) security scans which included NESSUS, Nmap, and Ethereal. These tasks were completed in accordance with NIST 800-53 which ensured all necessary security controls were implemented.
With the project completed on time and on budget, Enlightened pinpointed BLS’ security deficiencies and established action plans for resolving the issues which BLS was able to implement to prevent the misuse of critical information systems.
- Data collection and analysis
- Interview of key personnel
- Identification of implemented management, technical, and operational controls for 17 security control groups
- Security control assessment
- Security deficiency identification and assessment
- Application of three (3) network security scans of systems
- Development of a vulnerability findings and recommendations report