Enlightened developed a system that that allowed individuals and small businesses to review, browse, register, and purchase affordable health care.
Enlightened was tasked by the DC Health Benefit Exchange to develop a system that allows individuals and small businesses to review, browse, register, and purchase affordable health care in accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements.
To accomplish the project task, Enlightened monitored and coordinated multiple concurrent work streams related to system development, contractual oversight, and compliance. Adherence to CMMI Level 2 processes facilitated ongoing superior customer experience through proven efficiencies and effectiveness. For example, the IT security approach encompassed a variety of disciplines within the CMMI framework that are focused around the CIA triad of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. To achieve this triad of goals, Enlightened placed controls within the IT infrastructure to mitigate and ensure the CIA is maintained.
Ultimately, Enlightened provided qualified personnel to meet the mission objectives of the DC HBX. Additionally, Enlightened provided a DCAS Compliance Team that adhered to the NIST Security Authorization Process and successfully met customer requirements as well as the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Reviewed various tickets for password resets
- Scheduled security awareness training and security incident response inquiries
- Captured and retained signed Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Safeguarded program data from cyber threats
- Tracked vendor and contractor staffing levels
- On-boarded new hires
- Delivered security and privacy Federal Tax Information (FTI) awareness training
- Performed continuous monitoring duties
- Designed, implemented, and followed lists of policies, procedures, and standards for disciplines including networking, hardware, software, auditing, and compliance